I've always resisted postings and comments on this website that discuss upcoming
promotions and marketing plans assuming that's proprietary information and discussing
it here might give competitors some advantage. But, since Nation's Restaurant News and Crain's have already reported on the "Pick 2"idea it's out of the bag.
In that light, I received mail from a McDonald's Operator asking that we try to generate
some discussion about "Pick 2" on this website. While I can't republish the entire E-mail
but will kick things off by posting bullet points from the Operator E-mail.
* Please focus your blog on this Pick 2 plan that is terrible for the O/Os.
* I have spoken to a lot of O/Os who are afraid to speak up. I am not sure of what they are afraid. Does anyone want another restaurant at this point?
* Regardless, this OPNAD plan, overall, is terrible and will lead us back down the dollar
* NRN has an article about it right now, but O/Os are voting.
* It is crazy on who is voting yes and no.
* Anything we can do to kill this terrible plan is a first start.
* I can’t believe that McDonald’s wants to run it this way, but more importantly, why would you (as an O/O) not see it as your own small business.
* Why worry over what McDonald’s thinks? We are the ones up against tremendous debts (due to McDonald’s) and meeting payroll.
* O/Os need all the votes they can get. They need to know that a lot of Co-Ops have failed
this terrible plan, but not enough.