He's right there are not many bankruptcies in McDonald's but that's more about the
way the franchise agreement is written than anything to do with financial solvency.
We don't give legal advice here but we have talked to more than a few McDonald's
Operators who made the decision to file for bankruptcy. We can report that nearly
every one of those Operators (former Operators) found it to be a huge mistake.
Based on these discussions we can make a few basic recommendations. If you or any
McDonald's Operator you know is considering this as a strategy:
* Read and re-read your franchise agreement.
* Reread your franchise disclosures.
* Obtain multiple legal opinions from multiple sources.
* Explore ALL other options with your advisers.
* Do not expect to have any control or influence over the court or the process.
* Do not expect to embarrass McDonald's Corporation.